Running for Council - Preparing to Run for Council

Let me begin by saying this: I've moved past the "thinking about it" stage. Let me also say what that means, I've mulled it over, a lot, I've spoken with my family about it and what it would mean to our life and our business, and I've thought about it more, about what I'd want to bring to the table should I be elected and whether or not it is something I should do.  Now, I'm sitting with the decision and thinking about how best to move forward. How best to communicate the decision, and how to go from "thinking about running for council" to "preparing to run for council" and finally "running for council". 

Preparing to run for council is no small task. First I need to balance my plate - meaning I need to do what needs to be done to make "running for council" and ultimately if I succeed, "being on council", work with the rest of my life. It means looking at what I do, my priorities, and what I need to do, and asking myself what needs to be moved off my plate to make room for what needs to be done. It means looking at the months ahead and deciding exactly when is a good time to go from "preparing to run for council" to "running for council". 

On this front, if I choose to run for council, I intend on formally declaring my intent at the end of June. I know many think sooner is better than later, but as a mother, I need to balance what is best for me with what is best for my family. As such, over the next few months, I will be "preparing to run for council" - and doing all of the things that are associated with that. 

So in closing, "stay tuned".  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tale of Representation without Taxation: Victoria Municipal Governance

Another Week, Another Bad Idea (or two) from the City of Victoria

Why Municipal Politics? Why now?